понедельник, 5 ноября 2007 г.

What Blocks Your Blogs??!

Dear 3CCC Group Students,
I was wondering how your project work goes and why you fail to post a weekly entry on that. The deadline fast approaching, you are supposed to collect enough material for your web site, which looks as a daunting task at the moment, as you are lagging behind.

Here are the links to all the groups blogs:

Arina and Natasha V. have chosen the topic "Destroyed but not defeated", which will cover the theme and the levels of meaning in "The Old Man and the Sea" by Ernest Miller Hemingway.

George and Alex are working on "Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451". The value of written culture, book&fire symbolism".

Alyona and Polina are tackling the topic of Spiritual Quest in Salinger's "Franny" and Zooey".

Lera is writing about the "Portrait of a Lady" by Henry James.

Julia has chosen the "Theatre of Absurd: E. Albee`s The Zoo Story".

Natasha A. deals with "The Catcher in the Rye" by Salinger.

Dasha, Marina and Kate are working on Zora Neale Hurston's literary legacy.

Sveta is working on Fenimore Cooper's images of noble Indians.

Please, be sure to read my post on academic plagiarism which a big no-no. When you take something (be it a text from an encyclopedia, or an innocent image) without giving a due credit to the author/source, you are stealing. So please always provide links to the web site from where you cut and paste information, and all the pictures should have a subtitle "Image Source: http://www.something.somewhere"

Your posts will be monitored and graded on a weekly basis.

4 комментария:

Claire комментирует...

Sorry for being such an awful procrastinator...I was struggling with viruses and suffering from the absence of the Internet connection, besides, I had a difficult-to-solve dilemma concerning the topic of my project. At last I've chosen to write about Cooper and his "noble Indian" image. Hopefully, it is a suitable subject :) .

P.S. Frankly speaking, I'm not sure if I've translated "образ благородного индейца" correctly - could you, please, help me with that a little?

Anna V. Filatova комментирует...

Sveta, what a riveting topic!

What's wrong with the "image of a noble Indian'?

Jul комментирует...

Anna Vladimirovna,
I may have mixed something up, but is there really a novel by Hesse called "Magical Theatre"?Isn`t this theatre concept just one of the motives of "Steppenwolf"? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Julia

Claire комментирует...

Good evening! I've started my blog recently - it can be found here http://fenimore-indian.blogspot.com/