четверг, 22 ноября 2007 г.

Nov.29 -"Song of Myself" by Walt Whitman

1. Read this long poem "Song of Myself" from "Leaves of Grass".

2. Listen to an hour-long program devoted to "Song of Myself" on New York Public Radio and be ready to discuss it in class:
or you can download this recording in .mp3 format from the WNYC web site http://www.wnyc.org/arts/articles/54050#music

3. Choose one section of the poem that you like and record yourself reading it. You might want to play some relevant background music or add other sound effects. By Monday (11/26), I expect you to send me your recording at filatowa@mail.ru. You can download an mp3-recorder from http://www.zshare.net/download/50895968771609/
You can also opt for recording yourself online at podomatic.com . NOTE: If you have a hard time converting your files (if you use your cell phone to record yourself) into .mp3 format, I suggest using an online media converter http://media-convert.com/ru/

5 комментариев:

Claire комментирует...

I'm terribly sorry, I've left my microfone at home and without the device I can do nothing...Please, forgive me, I'm really ashamed :(

Claire комментирует...

oops..

*microphone

Анонимный комментирует...

Dear Anna Vladimirovna,
Due to various circumstances (one of which is that we have to share a microphone), most of 3CCC group students will be able to send you their recordings only on Wednesday. We apologize for the inconvenience.
George.

Anna Shib. комментирует...

Dear Anna Vladimirovna,
I am really sorry but in order to do the task in a proper manner I need to listen an hour-long program devoted to "Song of Myself" on New York Public Radio first and then to read the poem. Only after this I can record myself, but it takes some time. Is it possible that I’ll send it on Tuesday or Wednesday?
Anna Shibaeva, 2 tr

Anna V. Filatova комментирует...

Group 3CC and Anna Sh.,
Athough I am upset about your failure to meet the deadline, I allow you to send your recordings on Wed. We are going to have a voting for the most impressive reading and recording.

The public voting will be open on Wed. Nov.28(from noon to midnight only). All the students are eligible for the poetry reading contest, so you'd better hurry!